Information in this section would be outdated/old and not accurate.
"Oracles are spiritual followers of draconic disciplines who possess a keen battle prowess and harness mystical energy. They devoutly follow the instruction of their Dragon ancestors and strive to become a perfect embodiment of their ideals. Although they are lightly armored, their magical abilities provide enhanced defense and persistent rejuvination. Oracles wield the dreaded colossus scythe or a magical focus as their weapons." - Character Creation
Basic Oracle OverviewEdit
- Massive tank potential.
- Arguably best damage reduction in the game.
- Best survivability.
- Excellent healing ability.
- Good AOE damage & juggling ability.
- Regular scythe damage has a large AOE which interrupts & stuns enemies.
- Wears cloth.
- Least overall DPS of classes.
- Close combat only.
- Only class without a charged attack.
- Scythes 2H
- Talismans & Amulets
As an Oracle, your priority stat is Intellect. You will be most effective with a full Intellect build.
- Strength: Increased Physical Damage
- Constitution: Increased Health Points
- Ferocity: Increased Critical Hit Chance
- Intelligence: Increased Magical Damage
- Focus: Increased Percentage of Physical Damage
- Charisma: Increased Dragon's Summoning Time and Basic Attributes
- Dragon Affinity: Increased Percentage of Magical Damage
Same as the guardian, their greatest strength is also their greatest weakness. They excel at melee combat, but have to get in close to do any good. That can be a problem with runners sometimes. If you can pin them down, they are as good as dead. Although you have a teleport to help get close. In a group with a dedicated healer, this can be the perfect tank. "This class is extremely interesting & fun and ties for my favorite with the ranger. Reminds me of a shaman from EQ, but with more flare and more tank."
They can juggle almost as well as the ranger. Normal strikes with the scythe stun groups and you can just pound away at them. Their unique skill, Dragon Soul Seal, reduces damage based on their INT and stacks up to 10x. Their main stat which raises per level is INT. Combine that with protection skills and healing and you have an unbeatable wall.
Additionally, since healing stacks with INT, they have extremely good healing.
If I had to place bets with a guardian vs oracle, id probably put my money on the oracle. He could juggle that guard and lock him down. Oracles work best with a full INT build. Damage, damage reduction, and healing come from the INT attribute.
|Active Oracle Skills||Passive Oracle Skills|
Basic Active Skills
Mastery Active Skills
Mastery Passive Skills
Recommended Skill ChainsEdit
"Blood Chop" ChainEdit
"Dragon Claw" ChainEdit
Information pulled from Dragon's Prophet Europe Wikia.
Oracle Combo AttacksEdit
Oracles start out with Lacerate and Punishment bound to the left and right mouse buttons, respectively. With skill combos, it is important to notice that the combo "help" section in the game interface auto-updates with your assigned hotkey for each skill.
Twin Slice, Triple Slice, and Shocking Resolution generate Action Points on hit. Follow up skills with one or two of these combo attacks to keep a steady store of AP.
- Twin Slice: 20 AP generated
- Triple Slice: 70 AP generated
- Shocking Resolution: 100 AP generated
|Combo Shot||Action 1||Action 2||Action 3||Action 4|
Retributive Strike ComboEdit
|Combo Shot||Action 1||Action 2||Action 3|
Fiery Redemption ComboEdit
|Combo Shot||Action 1||Action 2||Action 3|
Ethereal Power ComboEdit
|Combo Shot||Action 1||Action 2|
Activates Fate Term.
|Fate Termination||Use as available|
Oracle Skills, Combos, & Talent Tree with full details:
Oracle Dragon DevelopmentEdit
Dragon Soul SkillsEdit
An Oracle's ideal dragon fighting companion will have at least one of the following Dragon Soul skills. The skills that work best for you will depend on your playstyle.
- Healing (Group)
- Healing (Solo)
Dragon Combat SkillsEdit
Fill in the rest of your dragon's skill slots with a mix of these combat skills.
- Current Strike (stun)
- Elemental Pulse (increase Magic Damage)
- Elemental Sweep (change sweep to Magic Damage) - Intellect scaling
- Glacier Strike (freeze)
- Intelligence Enhancement (increase Intellect) - Use with healing-focused dragons
- Will to Live (increase Physical Defense) - Use with tank-focused dragons